Thursday, October 26, 2006

Oops barely a week into the blog and I've missed a day. I had a long day yesterday ending in extreme frustration. The rewiring work I had just completed needed to be connected to the consumer unit. V straight forward. Mcb off connect wires mcb on .... nothing. Hmmm doesn't make sense so check with meter - volts on load side of mcb - 27????- off/on again volts 46 ?? I dont think the mcb had ever been switched off since new so it had decided to protest over the intrusion . It's in the bin now, I don't take that sort of insubordination lightly. New one works OK and all is fine and dandy.

Went to visit an old friend of my dads this morning. From our conversation I realised I hadn't talked to her for about 6 years. Her son and I were mates as kids so we had lots to chat about. Then she mentioned how sad it was my uncle dying last year. ( I've only had the one) Trouble was nobody had thought to mention it to me. (So now I have none, apparently. Nothing like a close knit family is there.)

Right I've done my four days hard graft, it's time to think about the boat again, off to swanage in the morning.

No comments: