Tuesday, March 30, 2021

30th March. 2021

 The Sillette drive leg has seized up through non use and despite WD40 is in need of a strip down and clean up. plus repacking with fresh grease.  I think that should be the next job alongside to renewing the steering cables. 

I must also get a new seat made it Bee is still in business or maybe a trip to Kemp sails.

Unfortunately, at the moment the job list isn't getting any shorter, The more I mend the more I find needs doing !

Today I attacked the leg.It took some doing but I got it off and the two horizontal pivots are out. It would be ideal if I could bush the yoke holes as there is some play here, but not sure thats going to happen.  Bad News is that this leg is no longer manufactured so I have to look after as best I can.  The vertical pivot pin is stuck fast,  so started on removing the steering cables.  




No comments: